Ana Maria Teodoro Jorge was born in Lourinhã on September 23, 1949, she is a Pediatrician and served as Minister of Health for the 17th and 18th Constitutional Governments of Portugal.
- Graduated in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon, she is a specialist in Medical Pediatrics (1984).
- She currently holds the positions of President of the Portuguese Red Cross (currently);
- President of the General Council of the University of Algarve, elected in 2021;
- President of the Board of the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (2015-2019 and re-elected in 2019);
- Member of the Superior Council of ProChild since 2020;
- President of the National Commission of Baby-Friendly Hospitals, UNICEF, since 2012;
- President of the Portuguese Association of Music in Hospitals and Solidarity Institutions, since 2004.
- She held the positions of Coordinator of the Mission Unit at Hospital da Estrela da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Lisboa (2016-2021);
- President of the Garcia de Orta Center, Training, Teaching and Research (2012 -2019);
- President of the Humanization Commission of Hospital Garcia de Orta (2012-2019);
- Clinical Director of the Continuing Care Unit of Liga Amigos at Hospital Garcia de Orta (2013-2015).
- Director of the Pediatrics Service at Hospital Garcia de Orta (1996 and 2001 – 2008);
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of ARS Lisboa e Vale do Tejo (1996 – 2000);
- President of the Ethics Committee of Hospital Garcia de Orta (2003 – 2008);
- Board Member of the College of Medical Pediatrics of the Portuguese Medical Association (1993-1998);
- Member of the National Board of the Portuguese League against Epilepsy (1987-1994);
- Board Member of the Society of Pediatrics Development Section (1994-1997);
- He was a member of the working groups of the Ministries of Education and Social Security for the issue of early intervention (1994-1996) and 2005-2007;
- Assistant at the National School of Public Health (Maternal, Child, School and Adolescent Health (1985-1992);
- Minister of Health of the 17th and 18th Constitutional Governments and Member of the Assembly of the Republic from June to December 2011.
- Medal of Merit in 2018;
- Gold Medal from the Ministry of Health in 2019;
- Honorary Membership of the College of Medicine of Brazil in 2008.